Temporary fencing, just as the name states, is a fencing type installed for short-term purposes. The time can vary, according to the purpose of the temporary fencing. The fence may be used for music festivals or other events for a few days. In other instances, temporary fencing can be left untouched for a few months to a year (or even more). For example, if the fence is used for a construction project. Temporary fencing at a construction site will keep the site secure from any external disturbances. When it comes to events, these fences can enclose the event site to limit unwanted traffic. Now, let’s look at some of the benefits of temporary fencing.
What are the benefits of temporary fencing?
1. Just as mentioned, temporary fencing will keep the construction sites secured, be it large-scale industrial or commercial construction sites or residential building renovation. Temporary fencing is also used during the roadworks to keep everyone safe.
When it comes to temporary fencing for construction sites, there are several fencing alternatives to choose from. Some of them are below:
- Temporary welded mesh fencing
- Wind bracing
- Barbed wire
- Animal control bars
- Crowd control barricades
- Shade cloth
- Safety fencing
The material of the temporary fencing will also vary. Steel, plastic, chain wire can be used, depending on the site requirements.
2. Temporary fences are used for crowd control during the events.
The best example would be here in Melbourne. The world-famous Australian Open, a tennis tournament that takes place annually, usually over the last fortnight of January at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia.
If you have ever found yourself in Richmond before, during, or after the event, you may have noticed temporary blue fencing surrounding Melbourne Park. When the Australian Open site is being built during the initial phase, these blue fences act as barricaded to keep people away. During the event, these fences allow the organisers to let people in with tickets only.
Once you enter the AO site, you can find various fencing types that are used for crowd control. On game days, fences are used to keep the paths clear, or traffic moving in the desired direction. Also, fences are used to barricade tennis courts and the players’ areas for security reasons.
3. Fences are a great solution to keep the onlookers away.
If you are organising an event, for example, a wedding, you may need to install short-term fencing to gain privacy and eliminate an unauthorised entry on your big day.
4. Additionally, short-term fencing can be used during an accident or natural disaster to section off the area for safety and privacy purposes.
5. Lastly, temporary fencing is used by many outdoor dining facilities/restaurants, especially post-covid.
Diamond Fence’s temporary fences
If you are interested in temporary fences, you can turn to Diamond Fence. We offer short-term and long-term fencing solutions to suit your projects. Contact our friendly team, who will answer your fencing-related queries.
Call us on (03) 9753 4566, shoot us an email at email@example.com or get a FREE online quote.