Powder coating is one of the most used processes in the fencing industry in Melbourne. It is known for having many benefits when it comes to protecting your metal fencing from external factors. However, are powder coated fences protected from UV damage? Let’s find out.
This blog post will focus on the benefits of powder coating, whether it protects your fencing from UV, and why UV-protective qualities are important overall for metal fences.
Powder coated fences and the benefits
Powder coating is popular for a reason. Below are some benefits of powder coating and powder coated fencing.
- Powder coated fences are durable. It is because the powder coating applied to your fencing is water-resistant and won’t chip, fade, scratch or wear off.
- Protected all year round! Powder coating shields the metal underneath from external factors. As powder coated fences are protected from moisture and the sun, they will not rust or lose colouring.
- Longevity of the powder coated fencing: your powder coated fencing will look like new for a long time.
- Easy maintenance. Powder coated fences are easy to maintain. They simply need a biannual check-up and a clean-up. Hence, give your fencing a rinse once or twice a year; make sure all the dirt and debris has been removed from your fencing; and occasionally check for any occurred damage that should be fixed as soon as detected.
- Powder coating offers a wide variety of colour choices.
- As powder coated fences are durable and require minimal maintenance, you will save time and money in the long run. What do we mean? You do not have to invest in painting or oiling your fence over and over again to keep it looking good.
- Powder coating process does not generate much waste.
- Powder coating does not contain any harsh chemicals. Also, no solvents are used to make the powder adhere to the metal. Hence, making it is an eco-friendly process.
- Powder coating does not use volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are a threat to the environment.
How can UV damage your fence?
UV rays can sun damage your metal fencing. For example, fading colour. Note that concentrated UV rays can also drastically change the temperature of the metal, known as thermal shock. That, in turn, causes the destabilisation of the metal, thinning it out and resulting in the cracking of the metal.
Are powder coated fences protected from UV damage?
Yes, powder coated fences are protected from the UV because powder coating is UV-resistant. Thus, protecting your metal fence from sun damage and fading of the paint.
Interested in the powder coated fences?
Contact us today. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR give us a call on (03) 9753 4566.
The easiest option, however, would be to use the online enquiry form that allows you to send through any questions.